A Healthy Diet: A Guide to Weight Loss
01. Make a mayonnaise taking care that it has the least fat possible by mixing a teaspoon of Dijon mustard or satay sauce with yogurt which has very little fat.
02. Don’t skip a meal. Avoiding meals causes the body to slow down metabolism, trying to keep calories for a period of time when fat and fuel are reduced. Keep in mind that eating increases metabolism.
03. Take stuffed vegetables such as peppers and zucchini with flavored garnishes or chicken, white meat, or fish. They contain little fat and are healthy.
04. Take rolls of pita bread with salads as a garnish.
05. Our metabolism slows down eight hours after waking up; that is why 30 minutes of physical exercise before dinner will increase it for about two to three hours. This induces an increase in the fat burned several hours after the end of the exercise.
06. To get extra iron, add alfalfa or mung beans to your salad.
07. Good cooking and healthy eating begin with learning about nutrition and how to prepare healthy recipes.
08. When preparing family favorite recipes, make sure that fats, salt and sugar are not included in the ingredients. Replace fat-free yogurt with cream, sauté it without oil; and then use herbs and spices instead of salt for taste.
09. Before beginning any exercise or weight loss program, the advice of the doctor is necessary.
10. It is recommended to chew properly when eating as this reduces appetite.
11. Complete three small meals and two snacks every day instead of one or two huge meals.
12. Use chicken stock when stir-frying. This will cut down on hidden fat.
13. Prefer non-toasted muesli over grilled. A plate of toasted muesli contains fatter than a plate of bacon and eggs.
14. Be careful not to get rid of the fruit and vegetable skin because most of the nutrients are found under the skin.
15. Why should you take lukewarm water with just a pinch of lemon juice before breakfast? It activates the metabolism of the day and also helps prevent constipation, which is great for the skin.
16. Good sources of vegetable protein include soy or tofu. In fact, all legumes provide protein, so consider lentils, lima beans, etc… to be included in casseroles and soups.
17. Seek the company of someone who is also involved in a weight loss program; this will motivate you more.
18. Avoid eating three or more hours before going to sleep, if you can.
19. Choose pasta or a salad when it comes to eating fast – it only takes about ten minutes.
20. Chili, including the sweetest varieties, helps speed up the metabolism.
21. Take omelets without the yolks! This causes a drastic decrease in fat.
22. Find a substitute for baking soda, baking powder, MSG and soy sauce in the kitchen.
23Get rid of the fat by putting ice cubes in the baking tray. The ice cubes will absorb the fat.
24. It is highly recommended to drink hot water instead of cold water in the morning; It can increase the speed of your metabolism and shed more calories.
25. Do not leave on an empty stomach when you go shopping; Always prepare a list of products to buy. Buy only foods that are on your weekly menu plan and don’t be tempted to buy treats.
Make sure that the right discipline is still practiced to promote consistency in the diet plan. This will lead eventually to a healthy lifestyle and a more fruitful living without the extra fat and extra pounds on the side.